A typical Sloppy Joe consists of “ground beef, onions, sweetened tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.” Well, we decided to make our own version of the Sloppy Joe, which we call the Sloppy Pope. We use a pandesal bun, a feta-beef-patty, and our own homemade chunky chili. To top if off and make it look real pretty, we add a little parsley. As for the name “sloppy pope?” Well, let’s just say it’s a long story…
Sloppy Pope Recipe
- 1/2 pandesal roll (or a regular hamburger bun)
- 1 sloppy pope beef patty (You could also use kafta patties)
- 6-8 tbs chunky chili (Click here for recipe)
- 3 parsley leafs
Cut the roll in half. Place the hamburger patty on top, pour the chili on, and top with parsley.
Sloppy Pope Beef Patties
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients, and shape into burgers. Grill for 8-12 minutes on high until they are cooked all the way through and have grill marks.