This little gem of a sandwich takes about 5 minutes to put together, and tastes amazing. The fresh herbs compliment the soft smoked salmon with delicate crunchiness, all rounded of with the delicious Vidalia onion dressing (No, they don’t pay us 🙂
- Smoked Salmon
- Slice of your favorite artisan loaf
- Olive, onion, cilantro, green onion
- Vidalia Onion Dressing
- Toast the bread so it’s brown and crunchy. You should find your own level of comfort here, but we like it on the crunchy side…
- If you have it, smear a spoonful of ducks-fat on the bread. If you don’t, smear 2-3 roasted garlics on the bread for a light cover. We never use butter, but you could if you need to of course.
- Add a generous amount of smoked salmon. Yummy.
- Squeeze a quarter lemon on the salmon. The order of the ingredients is important, as you want the lemon to soak into the salmon and the bread.
- Add two teaspoons of Vidalio Onion Dressing, smear it out if necessary. This allows the next ingredients to ‘stick’ better to the sandwich.
- Add a generous serving of finely chopped green onions.
- Top with a teaspoon of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Top with a few freshly cut onion rings (careful, as the salmon is very delicate, you don’t want the onion to drown out the taste).
- Top with an olive.
And enjoy while warm.
Ahh so good.